C. ORIENTATION TO POLICY GOVERNANCE®
…an interactive workshop, usually a half to a full day in length, designed as a basic orientation opportunity for Boards who are considering using Policy Governance® AND for Boards who are already using it… for their new Board members or as a 'governance refresher' for experienced trustees.
- increased knowledge of governance, leadership and accountability… and how 'big picture' trends and issues are impacting boards in every sector,
- increased knowledge of the roles, responsibilities and relationships of and among Board trustees, committees and staff (paid and unpaid) as well as the organization's legal & moral ownership and other stakeholders,
- clarification of Policy Governance® principles and their impact on Board practices, such as policy development and review, governance planning, monitoring CEO and Board performance and Board meeting processes,
- why the Board's job description is written before the job of its CEO or Executive Director,
- introduction to the Policy Governance® framework: the nature and purpose of the four types of board policies and how they create a safety net of governance practices around an organization AND enable a Board to be more accountable!
- determination of the 'return on investment' that every board ought to produce, and
- increased knowledge of the fit of strategic planning and budgeting
- how essential Board documents, including incorporating documents, bylaws and policies fit together… and much more.
PLUS… receive valuable, practical resource materials to help your board govern well!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Board members and senior staff of all organizations in the public, private or voluntary sectors who wish to:
- Accelerate their grasp of board leadership and their ability to make meaningful contributions as a board member, especially when their board is using Policy Governance®, and
- Refresh their understanding of the fundamentals of governance and learn the basics of the Policy Governance® system.
ROGERS Leadership Consulting
Phone: (204) 475-2488
101 - 478 River Avenue, Suite #717
Winnipeg, MB Canada R3L 0B3
Copyright © 2002-2019, ROGERS Leadership Consulting